Thursday 8 December 2016

A Day in One Hundred



As I stare at the screen before me, I can't help but think that I've lost it... Or maybe, I'm about to.

'Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner to rejoice.'

A very popular saying. I've always wondered what happens to the past ninety-nine days of loss, pain and anguish. Does the owner suddenly become fine and forget his burdens, simply because the villain of his story has been caught?

Of course not.

The pains, the losses, and voids caused still remain, and no manner of punishment meted out to the captured-menace would restore peace, or plant joy where there's already a void of great loss.


I really think I've lost it.

I got caught in the web I've always preached others avoid. How? I don't remember. What I do know is, I want out.

My demons don't want me to.

What if I didn't know better?


Dele's my friend. He's up for the death row as penalty for breaking a law. Does his sin stain me because I was his friend, or because I didn't call him to caution?

I might never be able to tell that truth, for  its time flips swiftly. He'll be dead soon.

Sleep eludes me from my own truth. Probably this rambling is caused by early signs of insomnia, or probably, my lack of closures causing me to dream dreams and see visions.

I almost want to think I'm far gone for restoration, but no commodity can be curbed fully off its market value.


I'm tempted to make you say goodbye to the winds for me, tell them to let bye-gones remain bye. I feel my sins catching up; the Ghost-riders coming for me. I need an escape plan, and I need one ASAP!



Rinzy,
(The Summarizer)
Thurs, 05/12/16.



No comments: