Wednesday 8 March 2017

I Will Fly, Not Walk

He said I'd do great things, that my voice will be heard worldwide in conjunction with my name. My mom fell for it; thank God I was stronger.

Few years down the line... his prophecy still hadn't come to pass. I always knew he was a charlatan so I wasn't that bothered, but mom wouldn't stop talking about it, how her enemies weren't letting her son live his life to the fullest; so, she did what she knew how to do best.

From pot to fire they call it, this charlatan was no different from the one before. He claimed I was circled by demons on demand, powers from high places, and that the only way to be free was for me to embrace the church - his church.

Mother fell for it, I knew better, but just like the time before I couldn't resist, I had to make her happy.

Few years down the line and still nothing to show for it other than I was another pile to the growing lost of church-dogs hypnotized to serve man's needs in the name of God. Mom was going ballistic, something needed to happen. She called on the gods she knew, the ones who'd intercede on behalf of the God she worships. I was to do something to get something - my redemption. This time I said no. Obi was becoming a man and has to start standing for himself.

At this point I realised, all that I needed to excel was already in me. Mom's wishes are good and are for my progress, but if I continued listening I'll forever be living in her shadow.

The miracle you need has already happened, you just need to see out of the box to recognize it.

Twitter @LSbyTalius @TaliusDike
FB: Life Summaries By Talius

No comments: